AquaSplint® thermo is the latest generation of the prefabricated self-adjusting TMD-Splint. Its integrated, thermoplastic relining enables quick customization and stable retention without
laboratory work, impressions or registration.
The hydrostatic balance between the two water pads connected by a tube, enables pain-relieving harmonization of the craniofacial structures (aqua-balance-effect).
AquaSplint®classic ▶▶▶ AquaSplint®thermo
Thanks to the newly developed thermoplastic relining (boil & bite) and the innovative “aqua-balance-effect” the new AquaSplint®thermo enables better retention and easier handling:
The thermo is even easier to use. A thermoplastic relining is already integrated, so that the bonding and silicone relining syringe that was previously required is no longer necessary.
Short chair time, just after a few minutes in hot water, the thermoplastic relining is ready for insertion (see instructions for use).
The adjustment process can be repeated if the adaptation of relining does not fit properly.
• rapid pain relief and muscle relaxation (immediate help)
• simplified preprosthetic / pre-orthodontic bite determination
• neutralizes malfunctions, forced bites and premature contacts
• differential diagnosis of the multifactorial Genesis of TMD
• supportive diagnosis & therapy for associated diseases such as cervical spine syndrome, tinnitus,
migraines, joint trauma and limitations.
• severe bruxism / grinding reduces the durability (*)
• sharp edges on prostheses, tooth crowns can damage the water pads
• missing molars/premolars, at least one second premolar in each quadrant should exist
Advantages over classic bite splints:
• immediately applicable without impressions / laboratory work
• rapid pain relief and muscle relaxation
• wearing for 10 hours per day is sufficient
• precisely fitting and comfortable retention
• no sharp edges / pressure points
• universal size >> universally applicable
• no adjustment appointments needed (thanks to the hydrostatic equalization of the two water pads)
• replaces the relaxation and distraction splint
• can be inserted during an orthodontic treatment
• can be used either in the lower or upper jaw.
• (*)can be used in combination with a 0.5 mm vacuum splint in the opposing jaw for long term treatment